[dundee] Small Black Joy (No I didn't adopt a child)

Lee Turner lvturner at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 10:29:25 GMT 2008

I have the 4G version of this - a fantastic little laptop. Though I haven't
bothered to try and replace the operating system on it yet (Truth be told, I
quite like the bundled version of Xandros) I keep a 2GB SD card in it to
boost the storage and to keep my media files on it.

Watching TV episodes on it works suprisingly well, although I suspect I
coulde re-encode them to a smaller reslolution which would make them run a
little smother (no real issues but I have occasionally seen it tear) and
reduce the file size.

Now if only there was an app or a script to encode stuff to fit nicely on
the EEE....

Lee

P.S. I know such an app probably exists

On 19/03/2008, Kris Davidson <davidson.kris at gmail.com> wrote:

> Okay well risky title aside I finally got my Asus EeePC (8G, Black) it
> seems to be a US import model with a UK power adapter. The keys are
> printed for the US so $ £ # " @ are moved around a bit but apart from
> that no problems or issues.
>
> Kris

<generic witty comment>