[dundee] PS3 RSX

Lee Hughes toxicnaan at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 23 17:34:39 GMT 2008

So, let me read this right, your doing a games development course, but
can't get access to this platform to learn??

That's very interesting.....

You could always try reversing it! ;-).

time consuming but not impossible. unlesss there some other weird
and wacky protection system deep in the sony ps3!

I can see their point of view, sony make ps3 at a lost, there income
is from the games, so , they lock evreything down. However
to lock students and those wanting to learn , this seems a bit stupid to me.

At the end of the day, the big suits in the industry don't want indy games,
so you'll just have to put up wth the drivel they are currently pumping out.
;-)

at least you can stick a large gpu in your pc and do some stuff with that!!!!!

hahahahah

Laters,
Lee

Nistur <nistur at googlemail.com> wrote: I'm assuming a lot of you already know about this.
http://www.petitiononline.com/RSX/petition.html

Please sign. Currently not having access to the RSX is the only thing
stopping us using PS3s at uni for developing :P

Chat on IRC, #tlug on dundee.lug.org.uk