[dundee] Slashdot | Last year's CanSecWest Winner Repeats on Vista, Ubuntu Wins

Arron M Finnon afinnon at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 30 14:55:37 BST 2008

I think in some case your right with the increase in XSS hacking, being
predominately on applications.  Such as the open office macro worm of
last year being totally crossed platform.  I can't remember the name of
the site but there is an auction site where you can sell your 0days, to
the highest bidder.  I imagine that IE exploits are worth more than
GNUmp3d exploits.

With regards to it being safer than drug dealing (hacking that is), i
think Gary MacKinnon would argue differently.  The laws are getting very
tight on hacking indeed.  With the real threat of spending time in
Guantanamo Bay for hacking US military targets.  Gary MacKinnon is
looking at the business end stretch of 60-70 years in a federal pen.