[dundee] Locking Windows to Virtual Desktops in Gnome

Rick Moynihan rick.moynihan at gmail.com
Fri May 2 12:04:21 BST 2008

2008/5/1 azmodie <azmodie at gmail.com>:
> Hi rick,
>
> i tend to use compiz-fusion as my dektop manager under gnome instead of
> metacity.
> there is a compiz plugin called place windows
> http://wiki.compiz-fusion.org/Plugins/Place
>  which lets me assign my application to specific viewports.

Yes, I've tried it with compiz too.  Here things are a little
different.  Though the application stays routed on the correct
virtual-desktop, my current desktop changes to the one housing the
application.

e.g. When Firefox is on desktop 1, and I am in my mail client on
desktop 2 and I click a URL in an email, my current desktop changes to
desktop 1 to display the URL in Firefox.

I'm not sure what setting I've got that's different butit doesn't
appear to happen on my colleagues machine.

R.