[dundee] Installing a Free WIFI Hotspot at the DCA

Rick Moynihan rick.moynihan at gmail.com
Fri May 2 13:26:26 BST 2008

2008/5/2 R J Ladyman <it at file-away.co.uk>:
> I was not really emphasising the money, just the expectations of the user
>  <scratches previous bite-marks and old scars>. If it stops working, who do
>  they call, that sort of thing.
>
>  RJL

Absolutely!  The conundrum is that the more you involve money, the
greater the users expectations!  Hence why I feel it might be better
to de-emphasise that aspect.

This said I suspect that ZoneCD and the members of the LUG could do a
reasonable job here, which fingers crossed wouldn't require too much
support.  But what happens when the router dies, or their broadband
connection is down?  The expertise to diagnose these things might not
exist within the DCA.

There's a lot to consider.

R.