[dundee] Call for Volunteers, Ideas, and a general discussion - Software Freedom Day

Arron M Finnon afinnon at googlemail.com
Wed May 28 16:40:15 BST 2008

Well i'm very proud to announce that the Linux Society, in partnership
with Hannah Maclure Centre are holding a all-day event for software
freedom day on the 20th September 2008.

This is a fantastic opportunity to promote and celebrate free software.
We have a number of ideas already however nothing has been set in stone,
but the general feeling is to have a number of talks planned, a number
of workshops, and a couple of discussion groups set up.  We're hoping to
bring a lot of groups and individuals together who are interested in how
freedom in software can have positive effect on both their life's and
the interests such as artists, writers, students, hobbyists.

So as the first part of a long process i'm asking for people to start
talking and discussing ideas, either over the mailing list, or over @
http://www.thelinuxsociety.org.uk and maybe start thinking of
groups/individuals that may enjoy the event or would be interested in
helping out.

So i hope everyone is excited about this as i am, i'm looking forward to
the day, and with it being only a day or two after the freshers fare it
seems to me a great way of finishing a summer of activity.  There has
been sometime put to the side for at the next meeting.

--
Arron M Finnon

President

The UAD Linux Society