[dundee] Software Freedom Day 2008 - a damp squib in England? - Open Sauce Software - PeterJudge's Blog at ZDNet.co.uk Community

Rick Moynihan rick.moynihan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 10:39:55 UTC 2008

I'm not really much of a flickr user, but I did set it up for use as
part of my work with malawi clinics:

http://malawiclinics.org/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/malawiclinics/

I've also attended a number of events such as Bar Camp Leeds and a
couple of geekup's in Sheffield; both of which have used flickr for
this kind of thing, but in slightly different ways.

You can either setup a group or flickr pool.  Flickr members join the
group, and contribute photo's to the pool:

http://flickr.com/groups/geekup/

Bar camp opted for the tagging approach.  Here at the event (or in our
case, after on the mailing list) you settle on a tag name, I suggest
"softwarefreedomday 2008" or sfd2008.  Then you simply tag your photos
with the appropriate tags, and any others you wish ('dundee' would be
a good one).  It's then trivial to create a link to that particular
tag/tag-combo, e.g.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/barcampleeds

Hope this helps.

R.