[dundee] Becta green lights open source software in schools, at last • The Register

Dan Bolser dan.bolser at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 10:37:24 UTC 2008

2008/9/23 Robert Ladyman <it at file-away.co.uk>:
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/09/23/becta_open_source_schools_at_last/
> --

A while back I was considering to use the freedom of information act
to acertain exactly how much government money goes to Microsoft.
However the idea got mired in difficulty in terms of effectively
'costing' a wholesale switch over to FOSS (i.e. including the cost of
traing and support for example). Still, it could be an interesting
figure to obtain.

I'd be interested if anyone has any input for this or a similar project.

Dan.

http://network.nature.com/profile/dan