[dundee] k3b

Lee Hughes toxicnaan at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 25 21:50:52 UTC 2008

apt-get install build-essentials

--- On Sat, 20/9/08, Jacek Sapieja <sapieja at interia.pl> wrote:
From: Jacek Sapieja <sapieja at interia.pl>
Subject: Re: [dundee] k3b
To: dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Date: Saturday, 20 September, 2008, 4:34 PM

         cheers Azmodie.

         I cannot compile any programs from source for some reason.
         There are either dependencies issues or it says
         GNU make is causing errors. As I want to practice
         compilation a bit I was wondering if I can just fetch
         missing libraries? What you sent me were commands
         making debian packages from any source, weren't they?

         I have installed smake hoping that will solve e some of mine problems.

         One of the outputs:

         jacek at jacek-laptop:~$ cd k3bmonkeyaudioplugin-3.1
jacek at jacek-laptop:~/k3bmonkeyaudioplugin-3.1$ ,/configure
bash: ,/configure: No such file or directory
jacek at jacek-laptop:~/k3bmonkeyaudioplugin-3.1$ ./configure
checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1
checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1
checking target system type... i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1
checking for -p flag to install... yes
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... mawk
checking for kde-config... /usr/bin/kde-config
checking where to install... /usr (as returned by kde-config)
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C
compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.
jacek at jacek-laptop:~/k3bmonkeyaudioplugin-3.1$

         Generally, no executables are created form some reason, no matter
what I compile.

                             Jacek

Chat on IRC, #tlug on dundee.lug.org.uk