[dundee] A newbee without a scooby :O)

Dan Bolser dan.bolser at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 21:21:23 UTC 2008

2008/9/27 STEVENS, GRAEME <986100930 at abertay.ac.uk>:
> Hello
> As a newbee to Linux this is likely to not be the last question I ask. Im sure though Ill end up slapping my forehead at the obvious answers I just couldn't find.
>
> Problem 1. I have ubuntu on a Toshiba Laptop and have tried in vain to get the wireless working on it, Ive been using the correct SSID and WEP key but it just wont connect, except via ethernet. Any ideas?

I found an issue like this (probably not the case here but just in
case) my laptop required wireless b, and I had set the router to "g
only". When I set it to "b & g" my laptop connected! (Unlikely to be
the same problem in this case I know...).

Are you using NetworkManager?

http://network.nature.com/profile/dan