[dundee] Mame , Modelines and Pacman

Lee Hughes toxicnaan at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 30 22:15:16 UTC 2008

I have mode lines, I'm currently using Vesa and giving it some hints

HorizSync 15-30
VertRefresh 50-90

and I can output, however... it's a screen is a bit squished, if I run xvidtune it's says

Video modes are not tunable on this chip

So presumably I'm going to have to get the nvidia driver working.

00:12.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation GeForce 7025 (rev a2)

which is on board evil thing, but it's the best I have?

what driver do I need for this, there seems to be lots of drivers?

no, I've head the nvidia driver mostly ignores the xorg.conf file, and builds it own?
so, how am I going to feed it custom mode lines  :-(

X.Org X Server 1.4.0.90
Release Date: 5 September 2007
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
Build Operating System: Linux Ubuntu (xorg-server 2:1.4.1~git20080131-1ubuntu9.2)
Current Operating System: Linux mame 2.6.24-19-generic #1 SMP Wed Aug 20 22:56:21 UTC 2008 i686
Build Date: 13 June 2008  01:08:21AM

I'm using ubuntu 8.04  ,