No subject

Thu Sep 25 09:02:10 UTC 2008

Alas, if all resolvers were created equal. but they are not.=20

http://matt.simerson.net/computing/dns/djbdns-macosx.shtml=20

I a bit of snooping with wireshark may be a good idea.=20

I'm not sure if the source to the osx resolver is avaible?=20
does osx use thier own libc6 , I doubt it is GNU?=20

/usr/src/glibc-2.9/resolv.h + gethnamaddr.c=20

whats you problem?=20

--- On Fri, 3/4/09, lug at seany.us <lug at seany.us> wrote:=20

From: lug at seany.us <lug at seany.us>=20
Subject: [dundee] Plea for test kit (Hardware & software)=20
To: "Tayside Linux User Group" <dundee at lists.lug.org.uk>=20
Date: Friday, 3 April, 2009, 1:12 PM=20

Hi All,=20

Have a non-Linux request for hardware/software.=20

Anyone have any spare apple mac kit (with OSX) laying around they could=20
donate/let me borrow? Needing it to fix a DNS issue my customers are facing=
 that=20
only affects OSX. It's driving me mad!=20

DNS works fine on Linux and that other OS so I am really stumped.=20

p.s. @azmodie, remember the HP machine I spoke about that I couldn't get=20
linux running on? It is an HP workstation xw6000:=20
http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/46126/hp-workstation-xw6000-aa772a.html#=20

As I said, I can't remember what went wrong with trying Linux but I suspect=
=20
it crapped out at boot somewhere with grub (either after install or from th=
e CD=20
itself). When I have more time I'll double check!=20

Regards,=20
Sean McRobbie=20

Chat on IRC, #tlug on dundee.lug.org.uk=20