[dundee] Plea for test kit (Hardware & software)

Simon Wells swells at computing.dundee.ac.uk
Mon Apr 6 15:04:43 UTC 2009

> If you can't OSX, i know for a fact that you can run the intel version
> in a virtual machine.

Do you have any more info on that?

Last time I looked you needed a hacked version of the os to get it
installed. You also need an EFI boot disk to get around various BIOS
issues. The latest OS X Server CAN be virtualised according to the
license agreement but is expensive. I am not aware that virtualising
OS X desktop is a straightforward affair, although I would be happy
for you to prove me wrong.

Simon

Dr. Simon Wells

E-mail: 	swells at computing.dundee.ac.uk
IM: 		sw3lls at yahoo.co.uk
Mail: 	School of Computing,
		Queen Mother Building,
		University of Dundee,
		Dundee, DD1 4HN.
WWW: 	http://www.computing.dundee.ac.uk/staff/swells/
Phone: 	+44 (0)1382 386 526
Fax:		+44 (0)1382 385 509 (FAO: Simon Wells)