[dundee] Finding an 'open' publisher?

Dan Bolser dan.bolser at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 12:38:46 UTC 2009

Hi everybody,

I have an idea for a book based on CC content taken largely from teh webs ;-)

Can anyone recommend a publisher who I could discuss such a project
with, who would understand (at least the basics of) what I am doing.
i.e. taking 'open' content and (in this case) providing attribution
and making a commercial product that I want to physically sell in
shops...

i.e. I won't be providing too much 'value added' content (i.e. a basic
introduction, some 'about this book' (w.r.t. the licence model itself)
and some categorization of content. Other than that all the content
will be freely available online. I need a publisher that can
understand and specifically help me to work with this model.

I have no experience in publishing books, so any information that you
could give me on the topic (like how to get started), would be most
welcome.

Cheers,
Dan.