[dundee] Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty fast boot... still a long way to go?

Digit (SG) digit.siljrath at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 26 23:12:05 UTC 2009

for another comparison point,
on my lenovo x60 tablet laptop, with no special efforts to optimise booting
times,

windows xp 2005 tablet edition takes aprx 3 minutes to boot and another 5-10
minutes to completely settle and stop loading everything else.

a wubi installed ubuntu8.04 takes 2 minutes to boot and less than 5-10
seconds until everything else is loaded and ready to roll.

both providing me with comparative functionality.

so from my perspective, ubuntu boot speeds have been just fine in comparison
with windows.

;)

(i also boot slitaz from usb, which i have not timed, but pretty sure it's
WAY faster)

2009/4/26 Kris Davidson <davidson.kris at gmail.com>

> I've got some fairly beefy machines (well all the ladies say so) and
> Jaunty has knocked a good 15 to 30 seconds off most of them.

http://www.gaudiepod.org.uk gaudiepod.org.uk website gallery and forum.
 prints available to buy.  digital images available for price at your
discression.
http://tinyurl.com/gaudiepodforum