[dundee] Arch linux

Kris Davidson davidson.kris at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 20:10:57 UTC 2009

I think the Exim it installs is the light version, not the full
service just the sendmail wrappers, most distros have something like
that out of the box.

I'll agree the Arch documentation is good, something I don't like
about its config files though... I've never actually used it but I've
helped many on IRC with problems and configuration.

You could always try the Debian or Ubuntu mini network install, if you
want something light and build from there.

I also find it weird that stuff compiled from source wouldn't work,
maybe a missed dependency or mismatched version

As for the missing packages, I suspect thats to do with how apt
repositories are usually structured (Lugradio did a good ep on it
once) and Debians reluctance to do official backports, anything
missing I'd bet will show up in the next release.

Kris