[dundee] SFD Talks One Week To Go!!!!

Arron Finnon afinnon at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 6 13:22:27 UTC 2009

Guys,  Just a reminder that everyone that is going to be talking at
SFD needs to submit the following details by a week today (13th), to
put further willies up you its only 5 weeks from then until the
actually event.

So far i have received nothing, it would be a shame to get to the 13th
and have to cancel SFD!

For those of you who have forgot this is what's been requested;

Your Name (This one should be easy for most)

What you hope your talk will be titled;
 (So i.e. What is Free Software)

A very rough outline of what your talk is going to be, even if it is
evident in the title;
(My talk will look at how people can tell the difference between free
software and its proprietary counterparts, looking at what makes
software free.  I will also hope to discuss its many uses in the
world)

And last but not least a little blurb about yourself, doesn't have to
be anything major;
(Have been using linux full time for a couple of years, and enjoying
being part of the community that surrounds it.  I have been the
president of the Linux Society fo a couple of years, and have talk on
numerous occasions about free software.  I'm a Gemini, and my favorite
colour is blue ) < you don't really need to add the last part, but
what the hey

Rick requested also that you could sign up for the main SFD wiki and
cross-post your stuff there, of course i see no problem but it is
important you get your stuff to me, so i can properly organize this
event.

Arron Finnon

Out Going President
Linux Society