[dundee] Software Freedom Day Talks

Nicholas Walker tel0seh at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 12 22:42:44 UTC 2009

I sent my details to arron a few days back. Here they are in case you don't
have them already for the site:

Nick Walker

Open source Security

My talk will be about open source software, and how being open source
benefits security,
bug detection and fixing, and compare this to the views and ideas of
people who are of the opinion that closed source is better for security.

I've dabbled in linux/unix systems since i was 14 or 15. tried various
distributions, suse, fedora, for a short while i was a FreeBSD user, but
eventually settled on Debian and its derivatives.
I'm the (vice) president of the linux society, and a UAD ethical hacker. my
main interests lie in operating systems and software security.

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 8:53 PM, Rick Moynihan <rick.moynihan at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2009/8/12 Robert Ladyman <it at file-away.co.uk>:
> > Rick,
> >
> > Would you add mine, please.
> >

> Done.
>
> http://softwarefreedomday.org/Dundee
>
> Incidentally people should feel free to add or modify the wiki pages
> as they see fit.  It's very easy, just create an account, login and
> click Edit page.
>
> R.

Nick Walker
Vice President : The Linux Society