[dundee] Oh dear, it's OpenSuse again...

Robert Ladyman it at file-away.co.uk
Thu Aug 13 12:49:13 UTC 2009

Hmmm...I'm invited by the OpenSuse lot to beta-test SuSE Studio, I'm sent a
link and click on it...remember, I'm RUNNING OpenSuSE in KDE4, which makes
Konqueror the *expected* default browser....and I get:-

Your browser is not supported

 We have detected that the browser you are using, Konqueror, is not supported.
 Currently we only support Firefox, Safari, Chrome (and other WebKit browsers)
and Opera.
 Recent versions of Konqueror are now almost working with Studio. We plan on
looking into what we can to do make it compatible. Thanks for being patient!
 SUSE Studio will support more browsers in the near future. *For now, we
suggest switching to a supported browser.*

Really? I think "For now, we suggest switching to a different distro" might be
better.

Grrr. What's the four-letter "F"-word I'm looking for? Oh yes, FAIL. I
sometimes think the OpenSuSE developers all have to volunteer for a brain-
bypass operation before starting work.

...and don't even start me on the OpenID requirement for logging in, which I
discovered when changing the Konqueror browser identification to FireFox.

Angry Winter-Blonde Greybeard Sandal-wearing Non-student-member.

To be an OpenSuSE member is to be ....(&86f&==#^T%..CARRIER LOST
--

Robert Ladyman
File-Away Limited, 32 Church Street, Newtyle