[dundee] SFD Talks

Arron Finnon afinnon at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 13 13:24:58 UTC 2009

Hi Robert,

Thanks for submitting this, the talk should be aimed at new users
discovering open source and free software for the first time.

Cheers

I could do the FOSS on Windows if you haven't got any other volunteers
yet. I'm assuming the general "What FOSS is and why it's good" will be
covered in other talks.

What kind of focus are you going for between developers and users?

Blurb (feel free to ammend to get to what you want from the talk): A
tour of the FOSS available for Windows. Highlights to include Firefox,
OpenOffice.org, The GIMP, Blender, Inkscape, VLC, cygwin,
virtualbox... basically the contents of The Open Disc + a few others.

Me:
I've been using Linux for a bit over a decade now. I'm involved in
AberLUG and have given a couple of presentations there. I'm an
electronics engineer but work is mostly programming now (on both
Windows and Linux). I don't believe in astrology but my favourite
colour is yellow.

       Robert