[dundee] (no subject)

Marcel Hecko marcel at shmu.org.uk
Fri Aug 14 12:30:33 UTC 2009

Hi All,
we are reconsidering changing the way we document  our network topology,
which is starting to be quite complex. These include services, network
topology, networking hardware and actual servers with actual services
running on them.

We have been using text files and some dia graphics to document the
topology, however this does not seem to be extremely flexible way - or we
are just not using the technology wisely for the documentation.

Do you have any good case studies how to document services, changes and
the IT infrastructure within the organization? I have tried to search
Slashdot and other portals, however I have not found any satisfactory
solutions.

Thanks.
Marcel

please reply to
marcel at shmu.org.uk

Marcel Hecko
Connected SHMU Development Worker
Station House Media Unit
Station Road, Woodside,
Aberdeen  AB24 2WB
Tel - 01224 487174

www.shmu.org.uk

listen to our community radio station live at www.shmufm.net

This message is not intended to have contractual effect

Save a tree -  don't print this e-mail or any attachment unless absolutely
necessary.