[dundee] Software Freedom Day Dundee - 19th September - 10 - 5 - Time Table of Talks

Arron Finnon afinnon at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 17 10:15:09 UTC 2009

Hi Guys,

So here is the time table of the talks.  This years event will be from
10-5 and is laid out as follows;

10am - Short Welcome and Introduction to the Event

What is free software, and why is software freedom so important - Try
and get this off and running by 10.15-10.20
Freedom and Control (10.45?)
Free and Open Source Software for Windows(11.15)
Free and Open Source Software for Students(11.45)
Free and Open Source Software in Business(12.15)

Lunch - (1.00 - 1.30)

Podcasting, from Mic to Audience (1.35pm)
Free and Open Source Concepts in Security (2.00pm)
SSH (Secure Socket Handler) The Beginners Guide (2.30pm)
Basic introduction to building games with blender (3.00pm)
Games and the Open Source community(3.30pm)
VoIP and Open Source - A look at H.323 (4.00pm)

Thanks and Goodbye (10mins max) 4.30pm

I think its fair to say we have a pretty awesome line up, more
information to follow

Arron