[dundee] DE: Open source professorship at University of Erlangen-Nuremberg

gordon dunlop astrozubenel at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 7 21:12:14 UTC 2009

2009/12/7 Robert Ladyman <it at file-away.co.uk>

> http://www.osor.eu/news/de-open-source-professorship-at-university-of-
> erlangen-nuremberg<http://www.osor.eu/news/de-open-source-professorship-at-university-of-%0Aerlangen-nuremberg>

 I think Germany and some other EEC countries are taking the lead in using
and teaching open source within their Universities. This is good business
common sense as most middle to large IT infrastructures, through the
deployment of server virtualisation, are now utilising heterogeneous O.S.
frameworks where skills are required for Unix/Linux/Windows systems. Seneca
College in Toronto (note the number of students enrolled), which has close
ties with Fedora and Mozilla, has been teaching open source for the past 15
years and all their lab computers dual boot with Windows/Linux.

http://blog.chris.tylers.info/index.php?/archives/224-What-is-Seneca-And-what-are-they-doing-with-Open-Source.html

Gordon