[dundee] Those pesky KDE devs...just a moan

Robert Ladyman it at file-away.co.uk
Thu Dec 10 17:17:40 UTC 2009

...and I'll raise you:

"Please note that at some point KDE applications such as Kontact, KOrganizer,
KMail will be using Akonadi directly, at which point migration either has to
be enabled or performed manually.
As of KDE 4.4 (and its development releases and when building from SVN trunk)
this already applies to KAddressBook and KMail's address book access.
 How do I completely disable Akonadi startup?
Warning
noframeIf you already have applications natively using Akonadi, you of course
can't disable Akonadi startup. KAddressBook (as of KDE 4.4 and its test
versions), Mailody, KMail (as of KDE 4.4 and its test versions for address
book related things) and KPilot are applications that are already based on
Akonadi."

(from the same link).

I'm OK at present - I've downgraded.