[dundee] Those pesky KDE devs...just a moan

Digit (SG) digit.siljrath at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 10 20:50:16 UTC 2009

" Truly surprised we haven't had the ritual Crunchbang, openbox, or you wimp
you should just run emacs post yet"

*ahem*  allow me.  ;D

i'm an old kde(3.*) die-hard... but i've found great joy in trying out other
window managers, running them without the rest of the clutter that
accompanies a hefty full desktop environment, of which i probably only ever
really use <1% of.  and then of course, only installing/launching that which
i need, as i need it.    if resources are tight, this is the way to go.
kde isnt the same thing it was 5 years ago.

yep, Crunchbang is a great welcoming entrance to the world of lightweight n
minimal, showing you that it neednt be an unpleasant experience.    rather
than an uphill struggle like i've found with previous times trying out
openbox (or other "wms"), it felt like... it felt as easy as sledging down a
hillside.  :D

and just to live up to that quote from Arron that i started with,

have you considered beginning to learn the tools of the minimalism elite?
I, born to the gui, am not quite there yet, by a long way, but the
possibility does intrigue me.
a link to exemplify:
http://kmandla.wordpress.com/software/

or you could just live in emacs.  lol.

(ps, blender has alot of tools in it these days... maybe you could live in a
blender too!  bwahahaha)