[dundee] Those pesky KDE devs...just a moan

Digit (SG) digit.siljrath at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 11 03:54:48 UTC 2009

it's late, eyelids r heavy, n my fingers wanna reply.  :D

*Robert: " I think I shall go no further with KDE4 - requiring a per-user
full-blown
mysql installation that is used merely for caching has a WTF-rating that
goes
off the scale.
"gordon: " I take it he is running Win7 and is future-proofing it until Win8
comes along , compared to this KDE 4.4 is still a saint."
*
on the scale (or off, as the case may be), if KDE4 is a mountain, the
windozes are the planet.
i wonder if there's some causality to the correlation between user base
sizes and bloatware sizes.   clearly, if u want a one size fit's all, the
dumb logic seems to point to bigger being the only way to fit all
(everyone).

*
sean: "32GB"*

:O    i could run my virtual machine host os and it's clients from that much
ram.   mmm copy2ram.  i love it when a distro comes with copy2ram option.

*
sean: "even just firefox" ... "ajax" "flash"

*yep.  i've taken to calling it fatfox.   even after installing *swiftfox*,
and addons: *betterprivacy, ghostery, noscript, adblock & flashblock*, it
still manages to chew up the biggest chunk of my ram most of the time.
^ i recommend that procedure to improve firefox, both for speed and
security.   more essential than even a lightweight compact theme, compact
menu, firebug, video download helper, and illimitux!  (though they're worthy
too)

sorry if there's any kde4 fans here.   ... not for what i'm about to say.
i'm just sorry there's kde4 fans here.  ;p
but kde4, seriously... it's like... if it aint broke dont fix it, n once
it's broke, go use the one that isnt broke

(saying broke alot is funny).