[dundee] [The Linux Society] - Information & Next Meeting (15/01/09)

Kris Davidson davidson.kris at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 20:58:32 UTC 2009

Okay so as you all know our illustrious leader is unavailable for the
time being. So Nick, I and everyone else are attempting to stave off
the implosion, mostly Nick.

I believe Nick said:

"...While Arron is away feel free to contact me about any issues or
suggestions you may have..."

I'd like to add to that by saying, while Arron is away DO NOT feel
free to contact me about any issues or suggestions you may have,
UNLESS you have stuff to GIVE US preferably MONEY or it benefits me
personally.

With that out of the way our next meeting is tomorrow (Thursday 15th
of January) where Andrzej Hajto will be talking about Slackware.
Andrzej has been a passionate Slackware user for awhile, his talk will
encompass his experience of using Slackware and how other users may
get inspired to start using it.

Some background links and reading:

http://www.slackware.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slackware
http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=slackware

After this Nick will be talking about a few things, one of which
involves us arranging a separate meeting for our website update sans
me if possible though unlikely.

If anyone doesn't know by now the meeting will be at :

The Cinema, Hannah Maclure Centre, Top floor of the Union @ 19:00
Students Association Building
The University of Abertay, Dundee
Bell Street