[dundee] New TayLUG website

gordon dunlop astrozubenel at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 1 19:02:20 UTC 2009

2009/7/1 Rick Moynihan <rick.moynihan at gmail.com>

> My only comment is that the use of IFrames for including the
> mail-archives/blog embedded under the wiki is bad idea

This was done deliberately as the wiki is under the main apache directory in
/var/www, and the database,blog & cloud are separate standalone programs in
/usr/local/var/www directory being linked to apache using mod_wsgi and using
wgscript  aliases and include configurations. If you were in the wiki and
went to their respective standalone pages the only way a user can get back
to the wiki is via the back button in the browser (which can be a pain if
you are doing a lot of things in these programs) or by modifying the address
bar. I have tested this out and is unsatisfactory especially to
inexperienced users. By being embedded in the wiki the user is just one
click away, e.g. clicking on the home tag in the navigation bar to getting
back to the wiki. This also gives confidence to inexperienced users knowing
that they can get out if they get stuck in using any of these standalone
programs. I have asked this question to inexperienced computer users within
my family, the adage is that your if your granny prefers it then that's
best.

> Great work, can't wait for this to up and running for real.

 Give me a couple of weeks

Gordon