[dundee] Mediawiki

gordon dunlop astrozubenel at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 2 14:03:36 UTC 2009

Rick was mentioning about installation of Mediawiki. I just want everyone to
know that Mediawiki should be in all the main distribution repositories, it
is version 1.13 in Ubuntu and 1.15  in Fedora. If anyone was going to try it
out here are some quick tips prior to site configuration via web browser:

1. Link skins,images & extensions directories in /usr/share/mediawiki to
/var/www/wiki
e.g. When in /var/www/wiki directory, open terminal
$ sudo ln -s /usr/share/mediawiki/skins  /var/www/wiki/skins
2. Create your database prior to  site configuration so that root
permissions are not req'd.
3. Install a php accelerator

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PHP_accelerators

If anyone has a problem with the above let me know.