[dundee] Software Freedom Day Talks

Rick Moynihan rick.moynihan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 08:46:12 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I just thought I'd post a reminder to those who want to do a talk to
update the Software Freedom Day Wiki with your name a title and a
brief abstract of your talk.  The wiki page you should edit is here:

http://softwarefreedomday.org/Dundee/

I've just written a synopsis for my talk, though I feel a little
arrogant bigging it up myself.  I'd appreciate the feedback on my
current abstract:

Freedom & Control - In this powerful, talk Rick looks at the duality
between Freedom and Control and how governments and corporations use
technology to maximise control over us. The stakes are now higher than
ever as the Internet and modern communications technology represent
both technological salvation and slavery. Rick looks at what we can do
to free ourselves from proprietary control and emancipate ourselves
from the shackles of proprietary controlling technologies.

If you're not yet sure of what you want to talk about then I suggest
we start a thread here discussing topics, themes and talks we as a
community would like to see and present.

R.