[dundee] Short Notice Change of Plan's To Thursdays Meeting - Important Software Freedom Day Information Within Too

Arron Finnon afinnon at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 28 18:37:34 UTC 2009

Hi Guys,

I was given very short notice with regards to the students
associations decision to shut the students association down this
Thursday, as i was the only one planning on using the projector its
not as bad as it sounds.  I was planning on showing the blurb for the
poster competition and having a chat to a few people about their plans
for the talk.  Its probably a good time to set a deadline for
submitting your rough talk idea, and i would say if i could get
everyone that is planning on submitting talk ideas to get them to me
by no later than the 13th of August.  What i'll need by this date is
the following;

Your Name (This one should be easy for most)

What you hope your talk will be titled;
 (So i.e. What is Free Software)

A very rough outline of what your talk is going to be, even if it is
evident in the title;
(My talk will look at how people can tell the difference between free
software and its proprietary counterparts, looking at what makes
software free.  I will also hope to discuss its many uses in the
world)

And last but not least a little blurb about yourself, doesn't have to
be anything major;
(Have been using linux full time for a couple of years, and enjoying
being part of the community that surrounds it.  I have been the
president of the Linux Society fo a couple of years, and have talk on
numerous occasions about free software.  I'm a Gemini, and my favorite
colour is blue ) < you don't really need to add the last part, but
what the hey

If you do want to talk about the any ideas that you have for a talk
then come and grab me, send me an email, skype me, IM me, grab someone
from the society and have a chat with them everyone who's at most
meetings will happily talk to you about it.

So as for this meeting, i was hoping to show people the blurb that
we're about to launch for the poster competition that is also being
judged at Software Freedom Day.  If you know nothing about the poster
competition then when it we launch it you'll know more, i've been
banging on about this for months.

So i will happily just head to the Counting House with a print out of
it, and pass it around.  I'll be there from 7ish.  Please feel free to
join me, especially if you want to thrash out any talk ideas.  Bearing
in mind i will see you all soon at the next meeting but that one is
the deadline for the talk out lines.

I'll keep you all updated through the next two weeks

Arron

Linux Society