[dundee] Internets

lug at seany.us lug at seany.us
Thu Jun 4 14:35:17 UTC 2009

Hello,

We can provide upto 24mbit ADSL2+ with 1mbit upload with no b/w cap at £23.99/mo via c&w wholesale.

On a 12 month contract, ADSL installation is free. On 1 month, its £50.

While this does still require a BT line, it is important to note the service is LLU and so does not rely on BT Wholesale.

With regards to needing a BT landline, you can get one installed cheaper via www.opal.co.uk at £99 setup and £12.99/mo

It appears Virgin may charge installation and/or force you to bundle with a phone line too:

Free installation: Free standard installation (normal price £30) is available with bundles including broadband Size: L (10MB), Size: XL (20Mb) or Size: XXL(50Mb). An additional £20 activation fee is payable for 50Mb broadband. This offer is not available with V+ installation or broadband solus. New customers only. Offer ends 10th June 2009.

General: Installation charges apply (starting from £30 for standard install and, subject to availability, from £15 for Quickstart self-install). An additional £20 activation fee is payable for 50Mb broadband. Payment may be required in advance. All prices include VAT. Prices quoted are for payment by Direct Debit and e-billing. If you pay by non-Direct Debit methods you will incur a monthly £5 charge, payable to Virgin Media Payments, for payment handling services. £1 per month added for paper bills (£1.25 after 1 May 2009). These terms and conditions are in addition to and form part of our standard customer service contract.

Overall, it depends what you want as you mostly already know: Cost vs. Traffic Management

Regards,
Sean McRobbie