[dundee] Scripting

Nistur nistur at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 19 21:41:05 UTC 2009

Thanks a lot, just had a look and it seems interesting. On my tiny screen I
can't quite tell whether it's precisely what I'm looking for straight away
but I'll read it through.
You're right about XNA. In general it's designed for 1/2 man teams
(sometimes a little bigger) so building the game entirely in C# wouldn't
normally be an issue, especially with the short compile times for C#... but
we seem to be in a bit of a rare situation where the scripting would be more
useful in a small group.
XNA actually has several scripting languages, just none of them work on the
360, and our game is for a competition where one of the requirements is it
_has_ to run on that... so yeah... fun... will be releasing my code open
somewhere, assuming I finish writing it...

I've kinda got most things sorted up to the point of implementing the
parser. I've (hopefully) got function bindings working but I'm not sure
whether it's the best way. Unsure how I can link variables effectively, but
I'll find a way :) I haven't actually had a successful test of my code
because I haven't had enough stuff to test, but I ran it and it did what
expected, and as soon as I can somehow link the variables I should have
enough to build up a mock symbol table and test it :)

Meh. Think it might have to wait until tomorrow though, these templates
aren't working and my head is hurting...

Thanks again for replies
Nistur