[dundee] ELF yourself encryption

Andy Smith andy at strugglers.net
Mon Jun 22 18:10:10 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 06:47:34PM +0100, Brett Sheffield wrote:
> Lee Hughes wrote:
> > on other news, I finally managed to get software raid 1 , with an  crypto root
> > going!!! at last!!!!! what a struggle
> >
> > (mutters under breath about debian installer).
>
> You're often better off ALT-f2 ing to a console during setup and doing
> it yourself, then switching back to the installer when done.  Or using
> Ubuntu Server, where they've put a bit more effort into the installer.

I have no problem whatsoever in setting up RAID-10 and LVM from the
Debian Lenny installer.  I've only done servers with it so far
though, so while having seen the encrypt option I haven't yet tried
that bit.

Agree that Ubuntu is probably a nicer experience for desktops though.

Cheers,
Andy

"I'd be happy to buy all variations of sex to ensure I got what I wanted."
 -- Gary Coates (talking about cabling, honest)