[dundee] Software Freedom Day

Arron Finnon afinnon at googlemail.com
Tue May 26 12:42:37 UTC 2009

Hola mon Linux Peeps

Well some of you may have received an email about this already, and
some of you may not have.  Hence me posting a wee note here.

Its come to that time of year that we need to start planning for this
years Software Freedom Day event, that is being held on the 19th of
September.  We had a very successful event last year, and everyone
that took part enjoyed themselves very much.

It goes without saying that it is our plan to have just as a good
event this year.

So i would like to do two things with this email;

Firstly hunt for speakers and helpers, if you thinking about doing
talk then drop me a line, or if you want to be part of the team on the
day then drop me a line.  I will be happy to discuss any ideas you may
have.

Secondly hunt for ideas to help promote the event to as many people as
we can.  If you have any ideas about how we can market the event drop
me a line, or if you have any ideas of what would make a good exhibit
then please drop me a line.

If you know anyone that may want to get involved then please feel free
to pass on this communication, or send me their details and i'll drop
them a line and ask.

Be sure that this won't be the last post to the list about the event,
and everyone's support is much needed.

Speak to you all soon

Arron Finnon
President