[dundee] U.S. Dept of Defense & Open-Source Software

Lee Hughes toxicnaan at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 2 17:02:12 UTC 2009

remind me of

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4394002

beware of 'internet' 'exploder'

black boxes are not to be trusted.

okay, so you can verify the software, but can you verify the compiler?

http://www.ece.cmu.edu/~ganger/712.fall02/papers/p761-thompson.pdf

hmmm, so software is one thing, how do you verify firmware? or silicon?

we're getting chips that are so complex, no body really can understand them apart
from the designers...

if you do try , then it's DMCA time for you and your going to jail.

verifying trust in the digital domain is becoming harder, not easier.

interesting stuff