[dundee] Shells of the interesting and famous

James Le Cuirot chewi at aura-online.co.uk
Mon Nov 9 16:30:08 UTC 2009

On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 16:17:40 +0000
Kris Davidson <davidson.kris at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well yeah that was my reasoning also, though based on forums Zsh which
> is very Bash like is supposed to be better, So I just wanted to see if
> anyone is using something different. Also Debian based distros use
> Dash for scripts

I've used zsh for years since going to a Gentoo conference, where this
guy did a big talk on it. To be honest though, I haven't got a clue how
to configure it properly. It has a bazillion options so I just stole
his config and have used that ever since. I've vaguely considered
looking at fish, which I suspect has the same nice bits without the
complexity, but haven't got round to it yet. For scripting, I stick
with bash though, because it's very important for Gentoo Portage.

James