[dundee] TV Licensing

Axel newsletter at axelbor.de
Wed Nov 18 15:49:09 UTC 2009

Hey Guys,

today I received a letter, that I'm under investigation for the TV license.

I'm not sure if is necessary to buy one.

Sometimes I use the bbc iplayer to improve my English. In my room is
only my notebook connect to the Internet. No special hardware to
capture TV or other device witch can be use for watching TV.

Here is the important paragraph from the letter:
What you need to know is that if you watch TV programmes as they are
being shown, you need to covered by a TV License. (Ok, after this
sentence I think the license is necessary)
When you're plugged in streaming live TV, your parents license won't
cover you, and neither will your hall's. ( No, BBC iplayer is not live
streaming, is it streaming on demand)

A Guy from my class tell me it's necessary to buy on. What is your opinion?

It's a lot of money for my, but I don't like to get any trouble which
the UK government.

Cheers
Axel