[dundee] Flash Talks Evening

Nicholas Walker tel0seh at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 19 14:02:31 UTC 2009

Hey guys, Flash talks are tonight, 7pm in the university foyer.

I've had mails from Arron:

Defeating SSL - Knowing the true value of a Lobster
*My talks aim is to highlight one of the many implementation
vulnerabilities that have recently been discovered in the Secure
Protocol SSL.

It focuses on the work of Moxie Marlinspike, and discuss attacks that
can still be deployed in real world scenarios.

With luck, this should shake your views on how secure HTTPS really is.*

Axel:

*I speak about: What is OSM, Why it is necessary, differences between OSM
and Google Maps, the typical workflow to add new data to OSM and my own
experiences.*

And Werner:

*In this talk I'll introduce myself, give some general facts and information
about the rubiks cube, I'll explain basic solve concepts and then move on to
advanced and more efficient solve concepts. I'll then describe the process
used to solve a cube blindfolded, in the fastest time possible.*

As of yet I've still not received word from the mysterious 4th talker. (I
forgot to write their name down at the AGM, so can't remember who it was) If
you're lurking in the dark corners of the list, and you get this message,
could you please let me know, so that I can post your talk content to the
list?
--

Nick Walker
Vice President : The Linux Society