[dundee] Talk Like A Pirate Day

gordon dunlop astrozubenel at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 19 21:54:23 UTC 2009

Seemly "Talk like A Pirate Day" was today on the same day as Software
Freedom Day

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/6208829/International-Talk-Like-A-Pirate-Day-today.html

So we should have been saying today, "Oh aargh, shiver me timbers,
proprietary software is walking the plank".
It was a great Software Freedom Day at the University of Abertay today and
there will be plenty of pictures of the event being posted over the next few
days by individuals. Due to being an old fogey I left the post SFD
celebrations a bit early, so the people that are continuing, enjoy
yourselves as the Taylug/Abertay Linux society has done us proud today. The
interest in the Blender talk was amazing and the organization by Arron was
excellent. A big thank you should be given to everyone involved.