[dundee] Background image for console

James Le Cuirot chewi at aura-online.co.uk
Wed Sep 23 14:09:02 UTC 2009

On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 06:55:30 -0700 (PDT)
Lee Hughes <toxicnaan at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> i may be brain dead here, but has any got truley transparent terminal
> windows going, i.e i want to see firefox through the background
> window of my termial?
>
> if you see what i mean?
>
> does kterm/xterm/gnome term, end-of-term do it?

XFCE's Terminal does it if you have the compositor enabled. I haven't
bothered with any desktop effects yet because the ATI drivers are
problematic enough as it is. On the verge of switching to the open ones
though. If you don't have the compositor enabled, Terminal just shows
the root window, which I actually prefer, to be honest.

James