[dundee] Open-Source Code Quality Improving

Rick Moynihan rick.moynihan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 17:40:32 UTC 2009

2009/9/24 Robert Ladyman <it at file-away.co.uk>:
> mickey.mouse at disney.com (Position: Cartoon Character) registered for me and
> allowed me to look at his copy. He told me that the use "Static Analyis" of
> defect density (so that they can compare projects) in lines of code and
> compare a scan of a project at one time with later scans. Their false positive
> (for defects) is about 14%. Mickey also said that the report gave roughly one
> defect per 3333 lines (0.3 near enough) but now it's down to one per 4000
> lines (0.25).
>
> Mickey said that they don't look at function points, but at lines of code that
> aren't whitespace or comments.
>
> Mickey also said that he couldn't comment on the statistical accuracy nor
> implications of this particular analysis as he is both a cartoon character and
> (notionally) also a fictional character. He did point out that allowing
> fictional characters to register does rather undermine the data gathering
> excercise but that he doesn't get much spam, however many people sign up as
> him.
>
> Thanks Mickey.

Mickey would also like to point out that using his "likeness" in any
manner is a blatant breach of the rights reserved by his owner, Disney
Corp.  He'd like to remind those on this list that following Mr
Ladyman's lead will lead to prosecutions under the Sonny Bono
copyright act and other regional directives.  Mr Ladyman is himself be
being dealt with by a band of highly paid wolves... I mean errr
lawyers and is unnavailable for comment on the situation.

The Disney Corp wish to take this opportunity to remind everyone that
any likeness between Steamboat Willie and Steamboat Bill Jr is purely
coincidental and that Mickey Mouse along with all Disney's assets are
clean-room implementations of entirely original ideas.... yada yada
yada...

This email and its contents are copyright of Disney Corp (c) 2009.
All Rights Reserved.

Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in
any form is prohibited.

You may not, except with our express written permission, along with
stacks and stacks and stacks and stacks and stacks and stacks and
stacks and stacks and stacks and stacks and stacks and stacks and
stacks and stacks and stacks and stacks and stacks and stacks and
stacks and stacks and stacks and stacks and stacks and stacks and
stacks and stacks and stacks and stacks and stacks and stacks of money
distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit
it or store it via any communication medium, website, filing system or
any form of electronic retrieval system other than those explicitly
authorised and protected by Disney Corp and our DRM systems.

R.