[dundee] GNOME Census - Who Writes GNOME & the start of a Flame War

gordon dunlop zubenel at fedoraproject.org
Sun Aug 1 21:52:38 UTC 2010

On 1 August 2010 22:11, Kris Davidson <davidson.kris at gmail.com> wrote:

> I feel there's a certain anti-Ubuntu and Canonical vibe in the wider
> FLOSS community. They both make bad decisions and do things wrong in
> my opinion but the sneering responses I've seen on blogs and comments
> really aren't the way to go. The Kernel team in particular seem to
> dislike Ubuntu/Canonical. I think since they've tried and failed in
> the past they've just let go of trying to get some things adopted
> upstream.
>
> Greg DeKonenigsberg has made a humble apology, he did not realise the storm
his blog started. He thought nobody would pay attention to it, how wrong as
people do still like reading his blog even though he has left Red Hat. It
does mean that people in influential positions within the Linux community
should give thought to what they are writing.

http://gregdekspeaks.wordpress.com/2010/08/01/old-wounds/

Gordon

 Kris