[dundee] top posting / bottom posting

Nistur nistur at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 24 13:20:48 UTC 2010

Unfortunately my Android won't let me choose where (at least, I haven't
found it, and I'm not in the mood to try to hack around the gmail app :p )
so I appologise if I'm guilty, but surely the best thing is posting at the
bottom, as it makes sense chronologically, but remove redundant information
from the original message, keeping it short and relevant to remind people
who don't have threading. If you need to reply to a lot of a large email,
you reply inline.

Nistur

On 24 Aug 2010 14:13, "Brett Sheffield" <brett at gladserv.com> wrote:

On 24/08/10 13:40, Robert Ladyman wrote:

> For those used to bottom posting - for those of us usin...
If you're scrolling past irrelevant content, the problem isn't
bottom-posting, but a lack of editing.  One of the common objections to
top-posting, is that top-posters leave the entire email below - not very
efficient, especially on small-format devices with less storage and
(typically) higher bandwidth charges.

Cheers,

Brett
(old school and set in his ways)