[dundee] Linux USB Wireless

gordon dunlop zubenel at fedoraproject.org
Tue Aug 24 21:55:39 UTC 2010

On 24 August 2010 22:07, Huntly Cameron <huntly.cameron at gmail.com> wrote:

> _

 TP-Link PCI & PCMCIA cards for desktops and laptops use the atheros chipset
whose drivers are included within the Linux kernel and will work on Debian &
Ubuntu systems. I use them in my sons' boxes for Ultimate Linux, an Ubuntu
derivative.

For wireless athero5 (g) cards (included from  Linux kernel 2.6.25 onwards),
after booting  system, in terminal do "$ sudo modprobe ath5k" and you are up
and running.

For wireless atheros9 (n) cards (included from Linux kernel 2.6.27 onwards),
after booting system, in terminal do " $ sudo modprobe ath9k" and you are up
and running.

They also work in Red Hat, CentOS & Fedora (ath5 for Centos 5.4, ath9 added
in Centos 5.5). They can be obtained from 3000rpm in the West Port, Dundee

http://www.3000rpm.com/acatalog/All_Networking_Products.html