[dundee] Congratulations to TayLUG members graduating at Abertay today

Arron M Finnon finux at finux.co.uk
Mon Jul 12 10:44:49 UTC 2010

On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 10:14:11 +0100
Robert Ladyman <it at file-away.co.uk> wrote:

Congrats on passing the test (101 surviving uni life for 4 years),
we're all very proud.

As for graduating to grey beard/hair status i believe you are required
to install something other than Ubuntu and start arguments with other
members with regards to why your distro is far better than anyone
else's.

In addition to being technically turned on by some random
uber-geek stuff, like VoIP/SIP (big andrew passed with distinction on
both counts), Mobile Platforms, DB's, or weird and wondeful programming
languages.  The list is not exhaustive but if you can confuse and bore
and existing grey-elder your in.

Of course you can also prove your beardy/hairyness by boring the whole
society with a lovely talk on something truly mind blowing; such as
the GPL, or why open source software is more secure than proprietary
software, or why Postgres is far better than MySQL, i think we all get
the drift.

They are members who have already shoed themselves in

My 2 pence worth, which i think we'll all agree i've over charged you
with.

--
Arron "finux" Finnon

Finux.co.uk/blog - Twitter.com/f1nux - facebook.com/finux