[dundee] Various names of the degree classification

Axel newsletter at axelbor.de
Fri Jul 16 11:36:25 UTC 2010

Hello,

today I get a vacancies notify form the Scottish Water via the
University. They write "Skills and Qualifications: Minimum of 2:1
degree" Means that minimum qualification is Bachelor of Science with
Second Class Honours (1st Division)?

On my certificate from the Abertay is written down "Bachelor of
Science with Second Class Honours (1st Division)" on the Academic
Transcript is written "Classification: Upper Second Class". I guess
this means the same. Can I also say that I've a average grade B or
very good, or is there a different?

It's all a little bit confusing for me. In Germany there aren't so
many different names for the grade, just a digital number and a literal.

Thanks
Axel