[dundee] HM Treasury Spending Challenge

Kris Davidson davidson.kris at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 10:10:25 UTC 2010

The argument I hate is the training argument from both IT people and
users. Presumably when a new version of Windows or Office comes out or
they develop something in-house users just get on with it. Same with
the IT Windows monkeys, they learned Sharepoint fast enough when it
came along.

You can't expect your job not to require you to learn additional
skills. Even when supporting Windows I routinely jump to the command
line and some of the scripting engines available are pretty
reasonably. It amazes how many Windows admins just use the GUI, some
are even against editing config files.

Kris