[dundee] Open source debate

Holford-Lovell, Donna d.holford-lovell at abertay.ac.uk
Mon Jul 19 12:21:59 UTC 2010

Great .. I'll post another message at the end of August and arrange something. In the mean time still open to suggestions

Best Donna

On 19/7/10 13:10, "gordon dunlop" <zubenel at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

On 19 July 2010 11:55, Holford-Lovell, Donna <d.holford-lovell at abertay.ac.uk> wrote:
HI

I think the best way would be a knowledgeable panel discuss a topical issue followed by Q&A.

We are also running a debate prior to this one on 'Digital Dundee' discussing whether there should be an official digital strategy for Dundee or whether it should be supported in the organic way in which it is now.

I think it would be good to follow with discussion on digital freedom, maybe cover the digital economy act, or 'Does free make sense?', issues of control? Security ... Not free but open?

It could also have an informal Q&A with some demos set up?

Again you thoughts are greatly appreciated

I think you need a team of about six people for this. Due to people taking holidays over the next few weeks, the best thing would be to have a meeting at the end of August where ideas and the format of the debate can be discussed by the people that wish to get involved.

Gordon

Best Donna

Donna Holford-Lovell
Cultural Projects Officer

Institute of Arts, Media & Computer Games
White Space, University of Abertay Dundee
DD1 1HG. Tel: 0044 (1)382 308 777
www.abertay.ac.uk/exhibitions <http://www.abertay.ac.uk/exhibitions><http://www.abertay.ac.uk/exhibitions>

08 - 14 November 2010

http://www.northeastofnorth.com/