[dundee] Open source debate

Rick Moynihan rick.moynihan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 16:16:52 UTC 2010

On 20 July 2010 16:14, Gary Short <gary at garyshort.org> wrote:
> Noone's certs are worth the paper they are printed on (I speak as an MCP, MCAD and MVP). It's what's on your CV that counts. If it ain't there, you ain't done it. End of.

Surely the following is more accurate:

"If you ain't done it, you ain't done it.  If you done it, you done it." :-)

The underlying assumption behind recruitment?  A persons past is the
most reliable indicator of their future.  Is it flawed?  Yes, but it
yields better results than a random sample ;-)

Now remind me, how did a thread on open source debate get into
discussing CV's and certifications?!

R.